I love using up leftover ingredients because I don’t feel bad experimenting with them knowing that they’ve served their purpose for a primary dish I created earlier in the week.
In this instance, I was left with some green beans sitting in the crisper and wanted to do an Asian-type of dish. Pork was my first thought, but I had none of it in the fridge. But, I did have pancetta and so I was ready to try something a little different. And as you’ll see, the simplest of dishes can yield some of the most amazing flavors.
Sweet Soy Green Beans and Garlic Pancetta
- 1/2 pound Green Beans with ends snapped off
- 4 ounces Pancetta — chopped
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- Generous splash of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic — chopped
- 1 small Onion — chopped
- Sugar or all-natural sweetener of choice — to taste
View original post 109 more words