Chicken tikka is a traditional Indian Recipe. It originated in the Punjab region of India and Pakistan. There are many verities of Chicken Tikka like chicken tikka with gravy, chicken tikka masala, handi tikka, pan chicken tikka, green tikka and much more. It is easy to make and very delicious recipe, It is my own recipe and usually I take a bowl mix together all the ingredients, except the chicken and refrigerate over night, then I take it off from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. My recipe has more spices and added flavor so it does taste like the tikka one would eat famous tikka restaurants. You can serve chicken tikka pipping hot with chapati or naan and garnish by lemon and sliced onions.
- 2 chicken breast piece , 2 chicken leg pieces
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup fresh yogurt
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp chaat masala powder
- 1/3 cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup oil
1. In a large bowl and mix Lemon juice, red chili powder, chaat masala, black pepper, cumin powder, garlic paste, ginger paste, salt, paprika, and all the ingredients together except the chicken, then apply this masala (Masala is Hindi for mixture or blend of spices and ingredients) on the chicken nicely covering it refrigrate or marinate chicken peices for at least 1 hour and preferably over night.
2. Take a large pan, heat oil and add chicken pieces. Cook on a low heat for a 10-15 minutes till brown, turn over and cook another to 10-15 minutes till brown. Repeat till pieces are nicely cooked.
3. Delicious chicken tikka is ready to serve, place chicken tikka pieces on a serving dish. Garnish by lemon and sliced red onions.
Serve pipping hot with chapati or naan, mint chutney and raitaa.