5 cups of Milk
½ tsp Lemon juice
1. Boil the milk and yoghurt together.
2. Reduce the flame and add the lemon juice, while stirring all the time.
3. Increase the flame so that it curdles.
4. Take it off the fire and set it aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
5. Pour it on to a cotton/muslin cloth and tie it with a tight knot.
6. Let it hang till all the water has drained away. Shape the paneer into a rectangular block.
7. Finally, place the cloth under heavy weight for 2-3 hours before using it.
Note: Do not throw away the leftover water as it can be used for kneading chapatti or paratha dough.
Recipe and Image from: