250g Eggplants, cut into small strips
10 Small red onions, whole
3 Green chilies, sliced lengthwise
8 – 10 curry leaves
1 tablespoon coriander power
1 ½ mustard seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tsp Soy Sauce
1-2 tsp Tomatoe Ketchup
2 tsp Red chilli powder
2 Green capsicums (the long ones) cut into strips
1 Big tomato chopped in cubes
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan in medium heat. When oil is ready, deep fry the eggplant strips till it gets little bit dark brown in color on both sides. Drain on kitchen tissue to remove excess oil.
2. In wok add about 2 tbsp. of oil and stir fry the onions, capsicums, tomatoes, curry leaves and the green chillies for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chillie powder, soy sauce and tomatoe ketchup and mix for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the fried and well drained eggplant pieces along with the salt and mix well till the aroma fills the room and the flavours are well blended together.
Serve with rice or noodles.
1. First marinate the eggplant strips in turmeric, salt and water, this is so the eggplant strips don’t change colour.
2. While frying eggplant strips, remember to stir it so you get an even color on every strip.
3. If you can´t find coriander power, just roast some coriander seeds and grind it till you get fine power.
Recipe and Image from: