1 Chicken cut into small pieces
4-5 Green chillies
A pinch of Indian red (colouring) powder ( its dark red so don’t add too much!)
500 ml Vegetable oil
1 cup Yoghurt/ curd (250 gm)
1 tbsp Red chillie powder
3 Medium sized onions sliced
1 Big tomatoe chopped
2 tbsp Cashew nuts
Salt to taste
Sliced lemon wedges,onion rings and a few coriander sprigs to garnish
1. Marinate chicken with the ginger garlic paste along with the green chillies,red powder and salt for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. The longer you marinate more flavour gets into the chicken.
2.Fry the sliced onions till golden and set aside.
3. Grind the chopped tomatoe, cashew nuts,yoghurt/ curd, red chillie powder,and the fried onions, till it forms a smooth paste.
4. Fry the marinated chicken till it browns and almost cooked.
5. Add the Curd/ yoghurt mixture into the chicken and lower the heat.
6. Cook the chicken till well done stirring occasionally to ensure that it doesn’t burn.
7. Once done garnish with onion rings, lemon wedges and sprigs of coriander leaves.
I have tried this recipe many times. It never fails! The family just loves it!!