450 gm. Chicken pieces
5 egg whites
4 tsp. Corn flour
2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
2 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
4 tsp. Sugar
4 tsp. Light soy sauce
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp. Chili powder
1. Cut the chicken into 7.5 cm strips. Mix the egg whites and 2 tsp of corn flour together. Toss the chicken pieces into the mixture and chill for about 20 minutes.
2. Mix the chicken stock, lemon juice, sugar, soy sauce, garlic and chili powder together.
3. Reserve a little of the liquid and mix the remaining corn flour with it to form a smooth paste.
4. Heat oil in a pan for about a minute on high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 4-51/2 minutes stirring until the chicken is white.
5. Pour the lemon sauce over the chicken and cook for a further 2 minutes on high heat. Toss the chicken well.
6. Add the reserved corn flour and stock mixture so that the sauce is thick.
7. Serve hot.